Do Something: Fun weekend events in and around Cinnaminson
Check out what events are taking place around the region this weekend.
Residents can attend Relay for Life this weekend or enjoy a food or beer festival down the shore. Check out what other events are taking place around the region this weekend.
In and around Cinnaminson
Residents from New Jersey’s River Towns will rally in the fight against cancer on Saturday. The River Towns Relay for Life event will take place at Delran High School with participants from areas surrounding Delran coming together beginning at 6 p.m. For more information about the River Towns Relay for Life or to sign up, visit www.RelayForLife.org/RiverTownsNJ.
Around South Jersey
- An annual tradition returns to Kirby’s Mill in Medford Township this weekend as the Medford Historical Society hosts the 42nd annual Betty Malloy Quilt Show. The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The show provides an opportunity for quilters to share their work with hundreds of visitors who will tour the show. Admission and parking is free. Kirby’s Mill is located at 275 Church Road in Medford. Visit medfordhistory.org for more information.
- Moorestown’s biggest community event of the year will take place on Saturday as the Moorestown Business Association hosts the 41st annual Moorestown Day. The event will take place along Main Street between Church Street and Chester Avenue from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event will include a Kids Zone, more than 250 vendors, an art show, a pie eating contest, entertainment and more. Moorestown Day is free to attend and open to the public. Visit www.moorestownbusiness.com for more information.
At the Jersey Shore
- There will be food trucks galore in Atlantic City this weekend for the second annual Atlantic City Food Truck Festival. The event will take place Brighton Park near the boardwalk and will include some of the region’s best food trucks, live music, a beer garden and more. Guests will get to vote for their favorite food truck and determine the festival champion. The festival will be open from noon to 8 p.m. on Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday. Visit www.acfoodtruckfest.com for more information.
- Another festival will be taking place in Mays Landing as Atlantic Cape Community College will host the South Jersey Craft Beer, Food and Music Festival on Saturday. There will be two sessions of the festival, one from noon to 4 p.m. and the second from 6 to 10 p.m. The event will include 10 different breweries, food from Brickworks Brick Oven Pizza, Smokey’s World BBQ and Nobil Food Service, music and more. The cost to attend is $30. Admission includes two beer samplings and access to one of the two sessions. Visit www.atlantic.edu/news/2017/05/beer-festival.html for more information.
- This weekend is the last chance to visit the 2017 Wizard World Comic Con at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. The event will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Dozens of celebrities and industry professional will join fans in celebrating all things pop culture. Tickets start at $35 per person. Kids 10 and under are admitted for free. For more information and a full schedule of events, visit http://wizd.me/PhiladelphiaPR.
- History buffs can enjoy a unique event at Fairmount Park this weekend as the park hosts its first ever scavenger hunt. The hunt will kick off at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday at Fairmount Park’s Lloyd Hall. Teams of two to five participants can explore six historic houses and try to be the first to complete the hunt. Prizes will be awarded at Parks on Tap following the event. Tickets range from $15 to $25. Visit https://fairmountpark.ticketleap.com to sign up.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.